Sunday 27 May 2012

The Toilet Roll Series

With the ‘Toilet Roll’ series, I wanted to explore the connection between the mundane and deeper stuff.

Based on ‘Toilet Rolls’ – a previous blog entry/thought that was born when reading the packaging of a well known brand. I imagined the rolls talking to me… But what were the rolls not telling?

I explored…


Toilet Rolls.

Toilet paper is talking to me.
Something about it being the softest paper I’ve ever tried.
I reply I’m not a professional toilet paper taster.
I don’t know anything about ‘softness’.
It says it has a dimpled middle layer for extra texture.
It says it is the best shit in the world, a jug of warm milk coming second place.



A new day, a new sheet...




toi·let pa·per
Noun:
Paper in sheets or on a roll for wiping oneself clean after urination or defecation.







.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



That said, don’t forget the environment when talking to your rolls.
And if you want to know about toilet rolls and how they affect the environment:

http://www.worldwatch.org/node/6403


S.x



No comments: